Schedule an Hour of Code
For one hour, your students will get to learn the basics of computer science and programming through hands-on activities. All you need is a computer lab and one hour!
- Computer science develops problem solvers – Students learn how to assess and breakdown problems and then formulate algorithms to solve. If they don’t solve the problem the first time, so what? Figure out what went wrong and develop a plan to fix it.
- Computer science is widely recognized as the most important second language to learn – Students today are inundated with technology. Being able to positively harness its power will provide great opportunities in the future.
- Computer science skills are highly sought after in the job market – Every year there is a shortage of qualified computer programmers. Teach your students a skill that will better prepare them for the future workforce.
Start a Professional Development Program
Indiana’s science standards include computer science. We can help create a professional development plan for your school or organization. Your staff will learn from industry professionals who can help with the following:
- Foundations in coding – problem solving, debugging, conditionals, loops, functions, and more
- How to use free tools to build into your curriculum – there are many resources available online to implement into your classroom
- Specific programming languages – HTML5, CSS3, C#, etc.
Looking for More Info?
Contact us if you have questions or feedback. We’d love to hear from you!