Computer science is widely embraced as an important skill to learn for tomorrow’s workforce. Children are playing video games and learning how to make modifications (a.k.a. “mods”) to change the games. There are many tools available to learn how to code; however, finding the right set of tools that aligns with your child’s individual interests AND provides learning opportunities can be a challenge.
A Personal Approach to Computer Programming
We offer computer programming tutoring to take your child’s interest in coding and create personalized lesson plans. Computer programming can range from application development, mobile application development, web development, game development, and so on. We find your child’s passion and help them find a path to learn the skills they need to pursue their interests and have fun along the way.
We feel so lucky to find a mentor in the professionals at TechWise Academy! We had run out of ideas & online programming classes for our 12 year old programming enthusiast, when two friends recommended we get in touch with TechWise. Their approach is thoughtful & fun, which is important for even the most curious of kids. They got to know our son & guide him towards his next steps in programming. We would highly recommend TechWise Academy for any parent who is searching for help with things like coding & programming for their interested child. – Jules & Tim Carter
What to Expect from Computer Programming Tutoring
Our tutoring program is offered for individual students or small groups (up to 5 students). Here’s what you can expect from our tutor:
- Professional experience and methods to guide your child through the conception of an idea to completion.
- Assess your child’s experience and interests to create a personal computer programming curriculum that motivates them to learn more.
- Engage your child in the process so they can put their unique personalities and gifts in the programs they create.
- Modify computer programming lessons to your child’s skill levels and learning styles.
- Make the process of learning to code fun so your child will want to continue to grow their knowledge in computer science.
- Align computer programming lessons to common core and Indiana’s standards so your child is learning skills that can impact the classroom.
Where Your Child will be tutored
Our tutoring sessions are scheduled in Downtown Muncie at the Rose Court building:
125 E. Charles St., Suite 212
Muncie, IN 47305
Get Started with Computer Programming Tutoring
Before starting any tutor program, we like to get to know your child or group’s interests.